Definición de meme en inglés:
1An element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
- As the building blocks of culture, memes influence every aspect of human behaviour.
- Benzon is dismissive of accounts of evolution of culture that rely on memes being intentional states.
- As people's skill at imitation increased, those memes that were good at getting copied would have spread far and wide.
2An image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.
- He says the appeal of the biggest memes is simple, basic humour.
- Here's a great post at The Community Engine on spreading and tracking your meme using tags.
- Adds a little context that makes particular sense if you have been following related memes in blogspace.
1970s: from Greek mimēma 'that which is imitated', on the pattern of gene.
- Example sentences
- At each step of the way, there's a memetic code (memes operating as the business equivalent of genes), competition, and evolution.
- The memetic approach is to ask why these particular memes spread.
- This diagram takes into account that weblogs have different levels of insight within them, and that information is often replicated (either by active memetic spread or because the insights are simple and common).
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India