Definición de menadione en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A synthetic yellow compound related to menaquinone, used to treat haemorrhage.
- Chemical formula: C11H8O2
- This medium is prepared twice each week and is complemented with 8% sheep blood, menadione, and gentamicin, making this medium selective for anaerobes.
- The K vitamins exist naturally as K 1 in green vegetables and K 2 produced by intestinal bacteria and K 3 is synthetic menadione.
- After absorption, menadione is thought to become alkylated into biologically active isoprenylated menaquinones.
1940s: from me(thyl) + na(phthalene) + the suffix -dione, used in names of compounds containing two carbonyl groups.
Definición de menadione en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan