Not telling the truth; lying: mendacious propaganda
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is an outright lie, a fabrication by a mendacious and unscrupulous writer.
- He wanted me to know the sort of country I was living in and what was going on around me, in defiance of the chronically mendacious official propaganda.
- Overall, Wittenberg portrays him as a petty, hypocritical, mendacious man whose primary focus was self-promotion.
lying, untruthful, dishonest, deceitful, false, dissembling, insincere, disingenuous, hypocritical, fraudulent, double-dealing, two-faced, Janus-faced, two-timing, duplicitous, perjured, perfidious;
untrue, fictitious, falsified, fabricated, fallacious, invented, made up, hollow
humorous economical with the truth, terminologically inexact
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Everything will be done,’ he told a colleague from the newspaper mendaciously.
- Obviously this is mendaciously disingenuous coming from the erstwhile Prince of Darkness who has torpedoed many a career with anonymous briefings to journalists.
- You cannot let them, as the old legal adage has it, mendaciously cry ‘fire’ in a crowded theatre.
Early 17th century: from Latin mendax, mendac- 'lying' (related to mendum 'fault') + -ious.
Palabras que riman con mendaciousAthanasius, audacious, bodacious, cactaceous, capacious, carbonaceous, contumacious, Cretaceous, curvaceous, disputatious, edacious, efficacious, fallacious, farinaceous, flirtatious, foliaceous, fugacious, gracious, hellacious, herbaceous, Ignatius, loquacious, mordacious, ostentatious, perspicacious, pertinacious, pugnacious, rapacious, sagacious, salacious, saponaceous, sebaceous, sequacious, setaceous, spacious, tenacious, veracious, vexatious, vivacious, voracious
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: men|da¦cious
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda