A serious disease in which there is inflammation of the meninges, caused by viral or bacterial infection, and marked by intense headache and fever, sensitivity to light, and muscular rigidity.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The key early symptoms of meningitis are headache, stiff neck and dislike of bright lights.
- But it is believed viral meningitis in its mildest form is often mistaken for flu.
- Patients with tuberculous meningitis should be treated for at least nine months.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After the minor, flu-like illness, patients develop a meningitic phase as the virus reaches the central nervous system.
- The proportion of meningitic and nonmeningitic disease caused by serogroups B and C was similar.
- This study investigated whether postbacterial meningitic patients with no apparent clinical sensorineural hearing loss had any evidence of more subtle subclinical cochlear deficit.