sustantivo (plural meningococci /-ˈkɒk(s)ʌɪ, -ˈkɒk(s)iː/)
A bacterium involved in some forms of meningitis and cerebrospinal infection.
- Neisseria meningitidis
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The illness is caused by bacteria, called meningococci, which invade the linings of the brain, causing severe inflammation that can be fatal.
- Neisseria meningitidis, the meningococcus, is a globally distributed cause of bacterial meningitis and septicemia.
- Overcrowding provides ideal conditions for transmission of meningococci.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The three cases are all believed to be bacterial, caused by the meningococcal bacteria, but the strains involved have not been confirmed.
- The new vaccine does not protect against meningococcal disease caused by serogroup B bacteria.
- The most common forms of the bug were now strain C of the bacterial meningococcal meningitis and its blood poisoning relative, septicaemia.
Definición de meningococcus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.