Definición de menopause en inglés:
1The ceasing of menstruation.
- Menstrual cycles can occur without ovulation taking place as the menopause approaches.
- Loss of muscle increases six-fold at the time of the menopause so it may have a connection with estrogen.
- Smoking can cause infertility and an early menopause in women, and sperm problems in men.
1.1The period in a woman’s life (typically between the ages of 45 and 50) when menstruation ceases.
- Smokers and childless women are known to go through the menopause at a younger age than other women.
- Every woman who has periods will go through the menopause at some time in her life, usually between the ages of 42 and 58.
- Some view the menopause as a significant stage in ageing.
- Example sentences
- The roots and rhizomes are widely used in the treatment of menopausal symptoms and menstrual dysfunction.
- Dietary phytoestrogens, found in soya bean and linseed, are thought to help relieve vasomotor menopausal symptoms.
- Other reported menopausal symptoms include night sweats, insomnia, headaches, weight gain and general irritability.
Definición de menopause en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary