- 1Measurement.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The calendar preceded the measures, and we should not be surprised to find that the word mensuration is still in force to describe accurate measurement of quantity - length, areas, volume.
- It involves the solution of polygons given certain sides and angles between them, their mensuration, division by diagonals, circumscribing polygons around circles and inscribing polygons in circles.
- This section on mensuration certainly has more in common with Hindu and Hebrew texts than it does with any Greek work.
- 1.1The part of geometry concerned with ascertaining lengths, areas, and volumes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is devoted mainly to arithmetic and algebra, with just a few problems on geometry and mensuration.
- It is a work which covers arithmetic, algebra and mensuration.
- Chapter 13 consists of 55 verses on arithmetic, mensuration, and shadow reckoning.
late 16th century (denoting measurement in general): from late Latin mensuratio(n-), from mensurare 'to measure'.