- Brentano did in fact hold that every mental phenomenon is an object of inner consciousness.
- Why do you invest even one brain cell of your mental capital on figuring out his motivation?
- The illness of a relative meant that we, his family, were fully aware of his abhorrence of the loss of mental faculty.
- I made a mental note to ring her back and let her know about all that was going on.
- She made a mental note on her mind to inquire about his personal life more when she sees him again.
- Not especially in a mood to linger and look around I made a mental note to return in a better frame of mind.
- During her time as a patient no treatment for mental disorder or illness was given.
- Indeed, psychiatrists do not talk of insanity but prefer to use terms such as mental illness or mental disorder.
- Nowadays, music is both applied for patients with mental disorders and healthy people.
- That's one of the dangers for young actors - you get a bit of financial success and you go mental and blow it all.
- As a symbol of Stein's greatness and a cue for the home fans to go mental, nothing beats the sight of that big silver pot.
- I've never really got into them that much, so I let other people go mental and bought a couple of beers.
The use of mental in compounds such as mental hospital and mental patient was the normal accepted term in the first half of the 20th century. It is now, however, regarded as old-fashioned, sometimes even offensive, and has been largely replaced by the term psychiatric in both general and official use.