Pronunciación: /ˈməːtʃ(ə)ndʌɪs , -z/[mass noun]
- 1Goods to be bought and sold: shops which offered an astonishing range of merchandiseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- During the day she would go around townships selling all sorts of merchandise ranging from bottles, vegetables, fruits and maize which she carried on her head and in the evening go for classes.
- In Europe, H&M is more like a department store - selling a range of merchandise from edgy street fashion to casual basics for the whole family.
- ‘The range of merchandise sold in the current shop has improved dramatically and it is now time to extend the services we offer to our customers,’ she said.
- 1.1Branded products used to promote a film, pop group, etc., or linked to a fictional character; merchandising: the official merchandise for the filmMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Time Warner, fiercely protective of its stake in the Harry Potter phenomenon, has been issuing licences to dozens of manufacturers to produce spin-off merchandise from the film.
- You can book tickets to see any films on show at ODEON using any of the links below and look out for some competitions to win film merchandise, exclusive to anyone who books using these links.
- Walt Disney decided that Shepard's sketches needed ‘adapting’ to maximise their commercial value in a series of films and spin-off merchandise.
Pronunciación: /ˈməːtʃ(ə)ndʌɪz /[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Promote the sale of (goods), especially by their presentation in retail outlets: a new breakfast food can easily be merchandisedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The sell-through titles can be merchandised together at retail, giving more impact to the message, Tappin said.
- This includes retail sales assistants, merchandising, and telephone selling.
- As the company's CEO explains, his firm will use Luuluu's applications to display and merchandise goods to its key retail customers.
- 1.1Promote or publicize (an idea or person): they are merchandising ‘niceness’ to childrenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Are the media still merchandising Jessica Lynch now that she's peddling a book and a made-for-TV movie?
- You sign the contract giving me exclusive rights to manage and merchandise you and I also get twenty-five percent of whatever you make.
- It gives me exclusive rights to manage and merchandise her.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These wall systems have the capability of turning a featureless wall into a superb merchandisable wall.
- All our merchandises are of merchandisable quality and they serve their intended functions.
- The association of these characters with different merchandisable stress relief products is an ideal partnership.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dry goods dealers, general merchandisers, bankers, wholesalers, and hoteliers all make appearances in Wills' story, albeit briefly.
- The company distributes its products worldwide through a network of specialty retailers, mass merchandisers and foreign distributors.
- The findings prompted the expansion plans and the firm has spent six months putting together a team of buyers, visual merchandisers and operations managers.
late Middle English: from Old French marchandise, from marchand 'merchant'.