A fish-eating diving duck with a long, thin serrated and hooked bill. Also called sawbill.
- Genus Mergus, family Anatidae: six species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Check your field guide to identify gadwalls, widgeons, wood ducks, hooded mergansers, ringnecks, and maybe a scalup or a canvasback.
- This area affords excellent views of Burrard Inlet and rafts of offshore ducks. scoters, scaup, mergansers, goldeneye and buffleheads are all good possibilities.
- In the large cove before us she identified the scattered ducks: golden eyes, canvas backs, mergansers, immature herring gulls.
Definición de merganser en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.