Definición de meristem en inglés:
- This condition can also be due to restricted diffusion of oxygen into internal tissues or high rates of cellular metabolism, as in actively dividing cells of meristems.
- The developmentally accumulated proteins localized to early differentiating, but not the highly dividing, regions of the root and shoot apical meristems.
- Plant growth originates from meristems, localized tissues with stem cell features that are at the origin of all organs of the plant.
late 19th century: formed irregularly from Greek meristos 'divisible', from merizein 'divide into parts', from meros 'part'. The suffix -em is on the pattern of words such as xylem.
- Example sentences
- For example, the cells at the base of the coleoptile in the meristematic regions may have died since development of leaves or roots did not occur in these coleoptiles when re-aerated.
- Just after completion of the wound periderm, a new meristematic tissue began to form in inner layers of callus.
- In poplar, cell-cycle control genes were highly expressed in the phloem and meristematic region of a stem cross-section.
Definición de meristem en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.