Definición de merry-go-round en inglés:
1A revolving machine with model horses or cars on which people ride for amusement.
- Despite " modernisation " of the city, primitive amusement rides like manual merry-go-rounds and " giant " wheels proved a big hit with children.
- Instead, after a little fight with Phoebe, Holden ends up accompanying her to the park and watching as she rides the merry-go-round, stretching from her wooden horse to reach a prized brass ring.
- Waltzers, dodgems, helter-skelters and one or two old fashioned merry-go-rounds with properly painted horses.
1.1A continuous cycle of activities or events, especially when regarded as pointless: the football management merry-go-round
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Without context we end up on a merry-go-round of activity and movement that never seems to get us to where we want to be.
- Fund management is a merry-go-round with what talent there is often on the move.
- So the merry-go-round of pseudo-debate will continue.
1.2 [as modifier] British Denoting freight trains which deliver bulk loads of coal from collieries to power stations on a continuous cycle, loading and unloading automatically while moving.
- There's the merry-go-round line for coal trains to Eggborough Power Station and a new spur line at Whitley Bridge for the wood-burning power plant.
- Nottinghamshire pioneered the ‘merry-go-round train system'’ where coal was taken from pit to power station in permanently coupled diesel hauled trains.
- Occasionally a merry-go-round train passes along the line.