sustantivo (plural mesenteries)Anatomy
A fold of the peritoneum which attaches the stomach, small intestine, pancreas, spleen, and other organs to the posterior wall of the abdomen.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For these studies, an incision was made in the abdomen, and the mesentery and small intestine were exteriorized.
- They may occur in the mesentery of the small intestine, the wall of the duodenum, the upper part of the jejunum, or more rarely, in the wall of the stomach, ileum, gallbladder, or spleen.
- Coffee specifically draws toxins from the liver through the mesentery of the small intestine.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Abdominal tuberculosis may involve the gastrointestinal tract, peritoneum, mesenteric lymph nodes, or genitourinary tract.
- Deep vein thrombosis also may affect the caval, innominate, cerebral, hepatic, portal, splenic, mesenteric, and renal venous circulations.
- Metastatic foci were also seen in the mesenteric lymph nodes, pancreas, stomach, visceral pleura, and bone marrow.
Definición de mesentery en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.