Definición de mesentery en inglés:
sustantivo (plural mesenteries)Anatomy
A fold of the peritoneum which attaches the stomach, small intestine, pancreas, spleen, and other organs to the posterior wall of the abdomen.
- For these studies, an incision was made in the abdomen, and the mesentery and small intestine were exteriorized.
- They may occur in the mesentery of the small intestine, the wall of the duodenum, the upper part of the jejunum, or more rarely, in the wall of the stomach, ileum, gallbladder, or spleen.
- Coffee specifically draws toxins from the liver through the mesentery of the small intestine.
- Example sentences
- Abdominal tuberculosis may involve the gastrointestinal tract, peritoneum, mesenteric lymph nodes, or genitourinary tract.
- Deep vein thrombosis also may affect the caval, innominate, cerebral, hepatic, portal, splenic, mesenteric, and renal venous circulations.
- Metastatic foci were also seen in the mesenteric lymph nodes, pancreas, stomach, visceral pleura, and bone marrow.
Definición de mesentery en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan