A plant needing only a moderate amount of water.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- According to these considerations, the factor of light appears as the first of many different environmental factors for the ecological plant sociology of mesophytes.
- A higher mesophyll resistance in woody plants than in herbs, and in sclerophylls than in mesophytes, has been reported.
- Consequently, cuticles of plant species adapted to dry conditions have, by one to two orders of magnitude, lower permeances for water than cuticles of mesophytes from more humid climates.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Exodermis with Casparian bands was found in roots of hydrophytic, mesophytic and xerophytic species and in members of primitive as well as advanced families.
- In epiphytes known values of are high even compared to mesophytic terrestrial plants.
- It is a shade tolerant, late successional, mesophytic tree species associated with at least 20 forest cover types in North America.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: meso|phyte
Definición de mesophyte en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda