Definición de mesothelium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural mesothelia)[mass noun] Anatomy
1The epithelium that lines the pleurae, peritoneum, and pericardium.
- The outermost covering of the stomach is termed serosa, because it is composed of a loose fatty connective tissue containing blood vessels and nerves covered by a mesothelium, the visceral peritoneum, or mesentery.
- Mesothelioma is a rare form of carcinoma that occurs in the mesothelium lining lungs, abdomens and hearts.
- Studies were also conducted to assess the expression of the heavy and light subunits of gamma-GCS in human pleural mesothelium and bronchial epithelium in vivo and the induction of inducible NOS by asbestos fibers.
- Example sentences
- Hyperplastic mesothelial cells in mediastinal lymph node sinuses with extranodal lymphatic involvement
- Another pathway might involve mediators synthesized by activated macrophages and/or mesothelial cells of the pleural or peritoneal surfaces of the muscle.
- The pleurectomy specimen was characterized by fragments of fibrous connective tissue lined by mesothelial cells with focal papillary area.
Definición de mesothelium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan