- 1A verbal, written, or recorded communication sent to or left for a recipient who cannot be contacted directly: if I’m not there leave a message on the answerphoneMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The messages are not sent directly to the recipient's phone, rather the sender and the recipient must subscribe to the service which provides a secret link for them to access the message.
- Text messaging is the cellphone technology that allows users to send and receive written messages through their phones.
- I even used birds to send my messages from here directly to Devlin.
- 1.1 (also mail message) An email or similar electronic communication: select an option to delete your mail messagesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, when typing a mail message, or word processing the GPU can be throttled back to reduce component temperatures, and increase longevity.
- It was so nice to see your website right after I received a spam mail message from Acme Online Systems!
- The screen is captured and a new mail message launches in the default mail application.
- 1.2An electronic communication generated automatically by a computer program and displayed on a screen: an error messageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Your browser will usually automatically generate a message when this occurs.
- You can set it up to automatically generate e-mail messages when certain alert conditions are met such as running out of stock on an item.
- Each piece of equipment in a computer network generates messages and events and errors - right?
- 1.3A communication from a prophet or preacher, believed to be inspired by God: Jesus and his followers were promulgating a specifically Judaic message for Judaic adherentsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Those who believed the message he preached became not only good people, but good citizens and then good leaders.
- The recently urbanized underclasses are particularly susceptible to the messages of populist preachers.
- The message entrusted to the preacher must be proclaimed just as it was first delivered.
- 1.4US A television or radio advertisement: we’ll be back after these messagesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These will be reinforced with similar messages on radio and television.
- Many have developed responsibility messages for television and radio.
- Brown adds that A.E. uses radio and television messages to promote its refrigerated yogurt products.
- 2A significant political, social, or moral point that is being conveyed by a film, speech, etc.: a campaign to get the message about home security acrossMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Can videogames convey social and political messages and still be a lot of fun?
- Most of that material, however, while interesting, is marginal to the political message of the film.
- Acclaimed for using a popular format to pass on the social message, the film had used the soap opera look to cash in on a large audience.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Send a message to (someone), especially by email: I was messaged by a Californian contact for some information (as noun messaging) the software package incorporates messaging, scheduling, and workflow functionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A few guys messaged me; ‘Nice profile and pics mate!’
- The night was kinda ruined earlier on when my friend - the one who got engaged stupidly early - messaged me to say that her bloke didn't want us to keep in touch.
- Drew messaged me yesterday morning while I was at work.
get the message
- • informal Understand what is implied by a remark or action: as soon as you tell students they’d do better on a more practical course they get the message they’re dum-dumsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We get the message but to truly understand the idea, we need to dig a little deeper.
- We, of course, had got the message that we were stupid and lazy.
- It is sometimes very difficult to get the message across without them and planting trees is an easily understood method.
send a message
- Make a significant statement, either implicitly or by one’s actions: it sends a message to potential foreign investorsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- An election might have sent a message to prospective tourists that life was continuing as normal outside certain designated areas.
- He then sends a message of congratulations to the voter in the election, won by the Republican Party in a landslide.
- Bell suggested that council needs to send a strong message to the government and send a message to the solicitor general.
Middle English: from Old French, based on Latin missus, past participle of mittere 'send'.