short for meta key.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If you frequently use Alt keys-for example, if you use Emacs and Alt is your meta key-you probably will prefer this.
- A predecessor of the pop-up window, the fast meta refresh trick involves opening one page and almost instantly having your browser redirected to another page.
- Each of these elements is enclosed in angle brackets and begins with the word ‘meta’ (< meta… >).
(Of a creative work) referring to itself or to the conventions of its genre; self-referential: the enterprise is inherently ‘meta’, since it doesn’t review movies, for example, it reviews the reviewers who review movies
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Have we been, again, duped by the dripping irony that infects the post / meta genre, rendering it all but useless?
- It's really easy to criticize a bad record, but impossible to do great music justice in ink (or meta ink for that matter).
- It's a song about several songs, and this meta aspect never sounds forced or calculated - instead, it seems artful and intuitive.
1980s: from meta-.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: meta
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda