- The chemical processes that occur within a living organism in order to maintain life: the metabolism of fatty acids in the kidney [with modifier]: abnormalities in protein metabolismMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Altered carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism leads to a catabolic state.
- It is also known that peroxisomal metabolism is lower in fish than in mammals.
- In addition to carbohydrate metabolism, other processes were affected by stress.
Two kinds of metabolism are often distinguished: constructive metabolism, the synthesis of the proteins, carbohydrates, and fats which form tissue and store energy, and destructive metabolism, the breakdown of complex substances and the consequent production of energy and waste matter
late 19th century: from Greek metabolē 'change' (from metaballein 'to change') + -ism.
Más definiciones de metabolismDefinición de metabolism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.