Definición de metacarpal en inglés:
1Any of the five bones of the hand.
- There are eight carpal bones in the wrist, five metacarpals, and 14 nonsesamoid bones that comprise the phalanges.
- The needle enters just proximal to the first metacarpal on the extensor surface.
- Radiographs showed no fracture of the wrist, metacarpals or other bones.
1.1Any of the bones in an animal’s forelimb equivalent to the metacarpals.
- This specimen consists of a nearly complete tail, the right forelimb complete through the metacarpals, both sternal plates, and both ischia.
- ‘His eye was caught by a particular bone - a metacarpal, the equivalent to one of the long bones in the palm of the hand,’ said John Smith, the curator of geology at the Museum of Science.
- Previously, Tate had referred Coelops species to the subfamily Coelopinae on the basis of characters of the tail, pinna, noseleaf, metacarpals, and four craniodental features.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the metacarpals.
- At the wrist, branches of the radial artery include the dorsal carpal and first dorsal metacarpal arteries.
- A small separate slip may extend from the pisiform bone to a metacarpal bone, forming the pisimetacarpeus muscle.
- The tendons may be attached to the second and third metacarpal bones.
Definición de metacarpal en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan