Definición de metafiction en inglés:
Fiction in which the author self-consciously alludes to the artificiality or literariness of a work by parodying or departing from novelistic conventions and traditional narrative techniques: the followers of Borges had retreated into airless metafiction [count noun]: David Copperfield is a metafiction in which Dickens shows the process of constructing a romance itself
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The second narrative technique, metafiction, works in opposition to point-of-view narration to align the reader with the author at the expense of the fictional subject.
- The latter story, a somewhat incomplete-seeming outline of a tale, is as much an early exercise in metafiction and ghost-storytelling technique as a coherent narrative.
- It may be metafiction, a technique seen in all his works.
- Example sentences
- This author, whose entire career is based on the questioning of historical givens and beliefs, invokes the metafictional trope of migrancy to invoke an absolute of root-lessness and hybridity.
- Frank does not disappear to Florida, he evaporates in a plethora of textual self-consciousness and metafictional self-referentiality in which Ford writes Frank out of his own narrative.
- When we evaluate the characters and their actions, are our evaluations helped or hindered by the novel's literary devices and its metafictional play?
Definición de metafiction en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia