Definición de metafiction en inglés:
Fiction in which the author self-consciously alludes to the artificiality or literariness of a work by parodying or departing from novelistic conventions and traditional narrative techniques: the followers of Borges had retreated into airless metafiction [count noun]: David Copperfield is a metafiction in which Dickens shows the process of constructing a romance itself
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The second narrative technique, metafiction, works in opposition to point-of-view narration to align the reader with the author at the expense of the fictional subject.
- The latter story, a somewhat incomplete-seeming outline of a tale, is as much an early exercise in metafiction and ghost-storytelling technique as a coherent narrative.
- It may be metafiction, a technique seen in all his works.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This author, whose entire career is based on the questioning of historical givens and beliefs, invokes the metafictional trope of migrancy to invoke an absolute of root-lessness and hybridity.
- Frank does not disappear to Florida, he evaporates in a plethora of textual self-consciousness and metafictional self-referentiality in which Ford writes Frank out of his own narrative.
- When we evaluate the characters and their actions, are our evaluations helped or hindered by the novel's literary devices and its metafictional play?
Definición de metafiction en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda