- 1 Geology Denoting or relating to rock that has undergone transformation by heat, pressure, or other natural agencies, e.g. in the folding of strata or the nearby intrusion of igneous rocks: metamorphic gneissesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Paleoproterozoic igneous and metamorphic rocks along with Paleozoic sedimentary rocks make up the basement complex of the San Juan Mountains of southwestern Colorado.
- Most of these are on igneous and metamorphic rock to minimize groundwater losses.
- The basement of the Precordillera and Chilenia terranes are Grenville-age igneous and metamorphic rocks.
- 2Of or marked by metamorphosis: the supermodels' metamorphic ability to bend their looksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As reported earlier, there is a sect among the spider group that has metamorphic ability.
- Her nose was buried so deeply into a book on metamorphic abilities; she did not hear the knock at the large cedar double doors, which led into the library from the great hall.
- Carl was born in the Netherlands in 1898 and died in 1972, but his distorted, repetitive and metamorphic artwork continues to inspire people and fascinated the pupils.
Más definiciones de metamorphicDefinición de metamorphic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.