A literal, word-for-word translation, as opposed to a paraphrase.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In this workshop it will be suggested that both specific and circumstantial evidence point to a particular time when these translations, or metaphrases, were made and why.
- The contents of the second included copies of three of the Countess's psalm metaphrases, and, in all probability, a copy of her translation of Petrarch's Trionfo della Morte.
- John Dryden prescribed paraphrase, but later advocated a point between paraphrase and metaphrase.
Alter the phrasing or language of: the sentence may be metaphrased into ‘what does homo sapiens wish to say by right?’
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In simple terms, Ninjutsu and Kendo can be metaphrased as strategic fighting and use of brute force.
- We work on dividing the text up into brief, meaningful chunks and metaphrasing the chunks as a unit.
- There is much to be learned before one becomes a poet: revision, metaphrasing, word-weaving, compression.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- By this maneuver, the mind is protected from clutter-mind and body, separated out, are actually coerced into a negatively metaphrastic liaison.
- Very meager information about his life is preserved in a metaphrastic work: ‘The Martyrdom of Basil of Ancyra’.
- Maria has prepared literal (metaphrastic) versions of many Hungarian poets over the years.
Early 17th century (denoting a metrical translation): from Greek metaphrazein, literally 'word differently'.
Definición de metaphrase en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda