Definición de metrology en inglés:
The scientific study of measurement.
- The Swedish physicist prized Michelson's use of his interferometer in metrology and, in particular, for determining experimentally the length of the international metre.
- As a result of the extremely small line width of less than 5 MHz, possible applications are also in spectroscopy, metrology, sensor technology, and atomic physics.
- The company designs, sells and manufactures fibre-optic and laser products for a number of markets, including biotechnology, semi-conductor and scientific metrology.
- Example sentences
- The 1907 Nobel Prize for Physics therefore went to Michelson for his ‘optical precision instruments and the spectroscopic and metrological investigations carried out with their aid’.
- A new metrological device promises to speed the development of micromachines.
- In Kendal, Dalton started to keep a metrological journal, he made his own thermometers, barometers and other instruments.
Definición de metrology en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan