Definición de mica en inglés:
A shiny silicate mineral with a layered structure, found as minute scales in granite and other rocks, or as crystals. It is used as a thermal or electrical insulator.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The next most common minerals are silicates, such as mica, feldspar, pyroxene, and the olivines, which break down to clay, the soluble elements they contain being mostly carried away in solution.
- The foliation is marked by chloritc, white mica and minute quartz grains.
- This partial drying could remove some of the water layer between mica and the bilayer, increasing the electrostatic repulsion between the substrate and lipid.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some of the material contained micaceous masses of specular hematite associated with quartz, epidote, and numerous veinlets of calcite.
- Impressive blades and masses of lustrous micaceous hematite occur in localized quartz veins, and reniform goethite is found in the walls.
- I have always regarded specular hematite as a micaceous or platy form that would be very difficult to fashion into beads.
Early 18th century: from Latin, literally 'crumb'.
Palabras que riman con micabalalaika, biker, duiker, Formica, hiker, pica, pika, piker, striker
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda