Definición de micrite en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Geology
1Microcrystalline calcite present in some types of limestone.
- Petrographic study reveals clusters of small grapestone particles, including benthic foraminifera, spines and calcite crystals encrusted by micrite.
- The formation of botryoidal aragonite and clotted micrite was followed by silicification of carbonate phases and precipitation of authigenic quartz.
- The irregular topography of this bedding surface is covered by a thin veneer of micrite with limonite disseminated throughout.
1.1Limestone consisting chiefly of micrite.
- These fades grade upwards into ammonite-rich, bioturbated, interbedded nodular micrite, oncolitic limestone and mudstone which are interpreted as condensed zone deposits.
- The Middle Member is 57.3 m thick and is mainly composed of gravel-bearing calcarenite, bioclastic limestone, bioclastic micrite, and reef limestone.
- This interpretation appears supported by the predominant occurrence of Platystrophia in soft-weathering micrite and calcareous mudstone.
1950s: from micr(ocrystalline) + -ite1.
Definición de micrite en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary