Definición de microaerophilic en inglés:
(Of a microorganism) requiring little free oxygen, or oxygen at a lower partial pressure than that of atmospheric oxygen.
- Most organisms are of bowel origin, with Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, bacteroides, enterococci, anaerobic streptococci, and microaerophilic streptococci being most common.
- The cultures were incubated at 37 deg C in the controlled microaerophilic atmosphere described earlier or three days.
- After overnight incubation in selective media, recombinants were plated onto MM agar containing 20 g/ml kanamycin and maintained at 25°C in a sealed gas jar under microaerophilic conditions.
- Example sentences
- Hence, they were likely to be strict anaerobes, or possibly microaerophiles, with a capacity to degrade sugars and/or amino acids, forming acetate as one of the end products.
- Early models assumed that all magnetotactic bacteria are microaerophiles and indigenous in sediments.
- In addition to being able to respire with oxygen, some microaerophiles may be capable of respiring anaerobically with electron acceptors other than oxygen.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India