Definición de microglia en inglés:
Glial cells derived from mesoderm that function as macrophages (scavengers) in the central nervous system and form part of the reticuloendothelial system.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Scavenger cells called microglia can be found in the center of plaques, and astrocytes, a type of cell that usually helps protect neurons, are found around the outside of the spherical plaques.
- The neurohypophysis was replaced by fibrotic tissue containing perivascular macrophages and activated microglia, and in the cerebellum, there were large areas of myelin pallor.
- Optic pathway gliomas in humans are typically surrounded by blood vessels and microglia, which are immune system cells in the brain.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The nitration and oxidation injury from the microglial proinflammatory response promotes a vicious cycle of continued oxidative neural injury and microglial activation.
- Glial nodules, also called Babes nodes, consist of a small focus of lymphocytes and microglial cells centered on a neuron, and there is often evidence of neuronophagia.
- Pathologic findings included cell loss, gliosis, vacuolization, microglial cell proliferation, and perivascular lymphocytic infiltrates; the most severely affected regions were the gray matter of the cervical and lumbar cord.
Definición de microglia en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda