- A microscopic particle in space or of extraterrestrial origin which is small enough not to burn up in the earth’s atmosphere but to drift to the surface instead.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hazardous micrometeoroids and radiation also threaten spacewalkers, and with no atmosphere and therefore no atmospheric pressure, fluids in the human body would boil.
- If a micrometeoroid or piece of space debris penetrates the tank, the dregs can ignite, causing an explosion that shatters the rocket body and creates a cloud of debris.
- He or she points out that the shuttle would be less exposed to micrometeoroids and orbital debris at the altitude of Hubble than at the lower altitude of the space station.
Más definiciones de micrometeoroidDefinición de micrometeoroid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.