- 1An electromagnetic wave with a wavelength in the range 0.001-0.3 m, shorter than that of a normal radio wave but longer than those of infrared radiation. Microwaves are used in radar, in communications, and for heating in microwave ovens and in various industrial processes: [as modifier]: microwave radiationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Nor could you know whether it has an electromagnetic field or whether it is strongly emitting gamma rays, X rays, ultraviolet radiation, microwaves, or radio waves.
- The catch is that radar uses radio waves in the microwave frequency range, or approximately one centimeter in wavelength.
- Other examples of the non-ionizing part of the electromagnetic spectrum include AM and FM radio waves, microwaves, and infrared waves from heat lamps.
- 1.1 (also microwave oven) An oven that uses microwaves to cook or heat food: a cheesecake was defrosting in the microwaveMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Many do feel that the food cooked in the microwave oven is not tasty.
- Food cooked in a microwave oven does not present a radiation risk.
- Some people like to cook food partially in the microwave oven or on the stove to reduce smoking time.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Cook (food) in a microwave oven: he microwaved some steak out of the freezerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- You are right to point out that I overlooked the scientific inaccuracy of the previous questioner and focused instead on the food being microwaved.
- Grilling, steaming or microwaving food rather than frying or roasting means less fat is added during cooking.
- Ree microwaved the food and they settled down in front of the television.
microwaveable (also microwavable)
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In my list of things that I will never do, ‘buy a microwaveable ready meal’ comes just underneath ‘buy an SUV’, and just above ‘go to another retro disco club’.
- I picked two from that last category - ready to heat in microwaveable containers - and headed for home.
- He has completely stopped eating packaged microwaveable convenience foods.
Más definiciones de microwaveDefinición de microwave en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.