sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The manipulation of individual cells under a microscope.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- To make a more quantitative study of nuclear protein, a combination of tritium labeling, autoradiography, and micrurgy was performed with the amoeba cultures.
- These spectacles are useful in endoscopic micrurgy, various medical fields, in jewelry, electronics, dentistry, and for making precision assemblies and the like.
- In recent years such high-precision instruments have been developed, and microsurgery on cells, known as micrurgy, has become an important part of the study of protoplasm.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Thus, micrurgical fragmentation of young exconjugant cells can be used to accelerate maturation in D. anser.
- Results of studies by our group on amoebae as moving cells, as material for micrurgical manipulations, and as hosts for intracellular symbionts are summarized here.
1920s: from micro- 'small' + Greek -ourgia 'work'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda