verbo[with object] • informal
- Annoy: I’ll confess it miffed me slightly at the time a doctor might be miffed by claims that the cure had no medical explanationMás ejemplos en oraciones
annoyed, displeased, offended, aggrieved, piqued, riled, nettled, vexed, irked, irritated, upset, hurt, pained, put out, in a huff, fed up, chagrined, disgruntled, discontented, resentfulNorth American • informal sore• vulgar slang pissed off
- I am slightly miffed that the NTUC Fairprice in my area is taking so long to be done with its renovations.
- I had found the whole incident rather amusing, but he was slightly miffed by it.
- I am somewhat miffed that if I am ever to achieve this ambition, I will have to put up with rather too much of this idiot's writings.
sustantivo• archaic Volver al principio
early 17th century: perhaps imitative; compare with early modern German muff, an exclamation of disgust.
Más definiciones de miffDefinición de miff en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.