Definición de migrant en inglés:
1A person who moves from one place to another in order to find work or better living conditions.
- To prevent this happening 12 member countries have put a block on migrants moving there until up to 2011.
- The migrants moved to one side of their 33 ft boat and the vessel tipped over.
- When land was surveyed and the location of the capital decided most of these migrants moved to Adelaide.
2An animal that migrates.
- Very pale and worn, the insect was clearly a migrant that had arrived from North Africa on the high pressure zone.
- Birds that were altitudinal migrants or local nomads were classified as resident.
- Our study focused on the Wood Thrush, a Neotropical migrant that nests in eastern woodlands of North America.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Tending to migrate or having migrated: migrant birds
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There was no running water and no electricity available to sustain this tiny enclave of fisherman and migrant workers, yet the mood during my visit was upbeat.
- The normal differences between urban and rural, elite and the rest, apply - with a large group of low-paid migrant workers added in.
- This is a lot different from the attitudes revealed in past surveys when migrant workers would not have had any second thoughts before buying the cheapest product available.
Words that rhyme with migranttransmigrant
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan