Definición de mildew en inglés:
A thin whitish coating consisting of minute fungal hyphae, growing on plants or damp organic material such as paper.
- And the rainwater leaking into homes now could cause health problems months from now when mould and mildew grow in the carpets and air-conditioning ducts.
- They collect dust and become an ideal environment for mould and mildew to grow.
- Also keep an eye on walls which adjoin the bathroom - mildew can grow on a closet wall adjacent to the bathroom, for example.
verboVolver al principio
Affect or be affected with mildew: [with object]: the flat was very damp and mildewed [no object]: there was something depressing about the hundreds of theological volumes mildewing in the damp air
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Acid-free and treated with a fungicide to prevent mildewing, the sheets are offered with cold press, hot press and rough surface textures, and are available in 140-and 300-pound weights.
- Use 100% polyester thread to help prevent the thread from mildewing.
- About 3 months into moving here, we noticed that every time there was a heavy rain the ceiling of our master closet would get sort of wet and look vaguely like it was mildewing.
- Example sentences
- By then, the originally beautiful, rich-coloured chestnuts are dried out, mildewed vestiges, fit only for stuffing turkeys.
- The foundations of some of its towers date back two thousand years and I was struck by the haunting beauty of their forlorn mildewed walls.
- I like their tenacity despite their sad mildewed leaves in June.
Definición de mildew en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan