Definición de mildew en inglés:
A thin whitish coating consisting of minute fungal hyphae, growing on plants or damp organic material such as paper.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- And the rainwater leaking into homes now could cause health problems months from now when mould and mildew grow in the carpets and air-conditioning ducts.
- They collect dust and become an ideal environment for mould and mildew to grow.
- Also keep an eye on walls which adjoin the bathroom - mildew can grow on a closet wall adjacent to the bathroom, for example.
verboVolver al principio
Affect or be affected with mildew: [with object]: the flat was very damp and mildewed [no object]: there was something depressing about the hundreds of theological volumes mildewing in the damp air
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Acid-free and treated with a fungicide to prevent mildewing, the sheets are offered with cold press, hot press and rough surface textures, and are available in 140-and 300-pound weights.
- Use 100% polyester thread to help prevent the thread from mildewing.
- About 3 months into moving here, we noticed that every time there was a heavy rain the ceiling of our master closet would get sort of wet and look vaguely like it was mildewing.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- By then, the originally beautiful, rich-coloured chestnuts are dried out, mildewed vestiges, fit only for stuffing turkeys.
- The foundations of some of its towers date back two thousand years and I was struck by the haunting beauty of their forlorn mildewed walls.
- I like their tenacity despite their sad mildewed leaves in June.
Palabras que riman con mildewmiscue
Definición de mildew en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda