sustantivo (plural millenaries)
- 1A period of a thousand years. Compare with millennium.
- 1.1A thousandth anniversary.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Clearly, much of what was propagated about Alfred at the time of the millenary was based on the accretion of centuries of tradition and myth.
- The Alfred the Great millenary in 1901 makes this problem apparent.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Consisting of a thousand people, years, etc.: he mustered millenary forcesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For them, the millenary celebrations proffered an avenue to the rebuilding of the cultural self-confidence needed to continue ruling the empire.
- Thornycroft was thus largely given free rein to devise an idealized image of Anglo-Saxon Englishness in his statue for the millenary commemoration.
mid 16th century: from late Latin millenarius 'having a thousand', based on Latin mille 'thousand'.
Más definiciones de millenaryDefinición de millenary en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.