Definición de mimeograph en inglés:
1A duplicating machine which produces copies from a stencil, now superseded by the photocopier.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When E. Joyce Matheny produced church bulletins, she brought them to life the old-fashioned way: with a typewriter from Sears Roebuck and a mimeograph machine she believes was ‘model 410.’
- Ed also wrote regularly for the series of one-shot mimeo magazines I'd begun producing, sub rosa and under cover of darkness, on a mimeograph machine I'd discovered in a broom closet at the University.
- Noah published the Ark Newsletter with the mimeograph machine I used to run in the office.
1.1A copy produced on a mimeograph.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's a mimeograph of a newspaper I put out in grade school, proving that I couldn't spell then, either.
- At least let us copy it down to save you the trouble of sending us a mimeograph.
- Other immediate color associations which come to mind: sepia tones and oddball diner to-go cartons, goldenrod mimeographs, and the wild chartreuse decor of mid-1990s urban splendor.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Make a copy of (a document) with a mimeograph: (as adjective mimeographed) a mimeographed letter
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The answer is obvious: instead of crudely mimeographed newsletters, the cranks had access to talk radio and the internet, both of which expanded their audience to the point that the mainstream press felt it had to pay attention.
- For a decade now, former major-label hype guy Alfonso's been printing up Ralph, a free, deliciously mimeographed zine of his Beat-inspired poetry which would find its way across Canada.
- That night Jo Ann Robinson, a professor at the all-black Alabama State College, and a member of the Women's Political Council went with friends to her college and mimeographed leaflets calling for a boycott of the buses.
Definición de mimeograph en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India