- 1A solid, naturally occurring inorganic substance: it identifies the mineral or compound presentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These groups are the silicate minerals, carbonate minerals, oxides, sulfides, and halides.
- The solids used include natural clays and minerals, metal oxides and sulfides, metal salts, and mixed metal oxides.
- It occurs in all kinds of minerals, such as oxides, carbonates, nitrates, sulfates, and phosphates.
- 1.1A substance obtained by mining: the economy has long been dependent on exports of minerals, especially goldMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Traditional types of employment are farming, mining coal and other minerals, and industrial jobs.
- In Dublin last night was Arthur Knox, chairman of the Durban Insizwa Mining Company with sole rights to the mining of the mineral in South Africa.
- Three blue-chip companies have also taken a gamble and invested in a total of over eight million acres in the hope of mining platinum and other minerals at some future date.
- 1.2An inorganic substance needed by the human body for good health: a wide range of necessary vitamins and mineralsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's packed with antibodies, growth hormones, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids - and clearly far too good to leave to newborn babies.
- Eat foods that provide all the requirements of nutrients, everyday vitamins, proteins, minerals, carbohydrates and fats.
- Nutrients are vitamins and minerals that regulate the body's chemical processes and functions and help to keep you fit and healthy.
- 2 (minerals) British Fizzy soft drinks.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said if prices on soft drinks and minerals were high, a lot of it was to do with Government VAT which was the same for both soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Hot drinks, minerals, toasted sandwiches, snacks and confectionery are all available in the shop area at Mavericks.
- It enticed customers with finger food, beer, wine and minerals until 8pm last week at its offices on Temple Road in Blackrock.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Of or denoting a mineral: mineral ingredients such as zinc oxideMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It delineates formulas for medicines and identifies the plant, animal, and mineral ingredients needed to concoct them.
- Bathing in the Dead Sea, which has a beneficial high mineral content, is one exotic alternative.
- Today's products use ingredients such as soybean oil and colloidal mineral complexes that help to keep the creatine stable for up to 12 months.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin minerale, neuter (used as a noun) of mineralis, from minera 'ore'.
Más definiciones de mineralDefinición de mineral en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.