- The smell of the damp wood smoke mingled with the rising smells of the wet trees and forest floor, and it was rich and pleasant to the nose, full of Spring and new life.
- The smell of burning flesh mingled with that of cigarette and sage smoke.
- Everything emitted a mouldy odour, mingled with the smell of mothballs.
- Having satisfied our hunger, we decided to mingle with the people we knew and endeavour to find out who were those we didn't know.
- But Reagan was not one to mix and mingle with reporters of the White House Press Corps.
- I can understand why some of the other guests from the community were invited to mingle with students.
Late Middle English: frequentative of obsolete meng 'mix or blend' (related to among), perhaps influenced by Middle Dutch mengelen.
Palabras que riman con minglecommingle, cringle, dingle, Fingal, intermingle, jingle, shingle, single, swingle, tingle
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: min¦gle
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.