- 1Of a minimum amount, quantity, or degree; negligible: the aircraft suffered minimal damage production costs are minimalMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's just a shame that they did not see fit to at least include a minimal amount of this information on the disc.
- While I scanned the place, Ryan asked me some questions which I answered with the minimal amount of information.
- The worm is spreading modestly and causing only a minimal amount of damage.
- 2 Art Characterized by the use of simple forms or structures, especially geometric or massive ones.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His career did not take off until the early 1960s, when he turned to sculpture and became one of the leading exponents of minimal art.
- Agnes Martin's austerely minimal grid paintings made a profound impression on him.
- In the first two rooms of the gallery, Samson Mudzunga presents a minimal show that somehow suits his enigmatic nature.
- 2.1Characterized by simplicity and lack of adornment or decoration: minimal, simple evening dresses in luxurious fabricsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The minimal cover lines, a minimalist Jason Wu frock, minimalist makeup: all a class act.
- But that artist's work was so minimal that Michelangelo was able to fashion a figure, ultimately, of his creation.
- Light and exquisitely crafted and delicate jewellery with smooth curves and floral designs in geometric forms made with minimal metal look and set with tiny crystals have been specially designed.
- 3 Music Characterized by the repetition and gradual alteration of short phrases.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some of the pieces were minimal phrases, and the players would improvise over it many times.
- And by the sound of it, he wants the music to stay minimal, yet supremely intense and evocative.
- It is a reminder of how revolutionary their fast, loud and minimal music initially was.
- 4 Linguistics (Of a pair of forms) distinguished by only one feature: ‘p’ and ‘b’ are a minimal pair, distinguished by the feature of voicingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In Jamaican Creole, tone is lexical in a few minimal pairs.
- a minimal pair in one language or dialect may not be a minimal pair in another one.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The state should intervene only minimally, even in social services.
- Is it really too much to ask that those who want to change science education be at least minimally educated in science?
- Third party advertising works only minimally in shifting opinions.
mid 17th century: from Latin minimus 'smallest' + -al.