Definición de minimalism en inglés:
1A movement in sculpture and painting which arose in the 1950s, characterized by the use of simple, massive forms.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Tate cites influences on Gallagher's work ranging from bebop to hip hop, from abstract expressionism to minimalism to the postmodern, and identity-based art of the recent decade or so.
- Styles as varied as Pop art, minimalism and even performance art embrace the still life style.
- Artists were engaged in such varied practices as minimalism, Earthworks, Photo-realism, conceptual art, performance art, and feminist art.
2An avant-garde movement in music characterized by the repetition of very short phrases which change gradually, producing a hypnotic effect.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Claiming to have been hugely into minimalism and avant-garde music by the time he hit high school, Jim O'Rourke's stock took a blow in the credibility department with me.
- A favorite of the great Czech conductor Rafael Kubelik, St Wenceslas prefigures late twentieth century minimalism with its repetitive chorale theme and luminous string figurations.
- The headliner for the Irving Plaza shows was Tortoise, an instrumental band that dips into minimalism, lounge music, jazz and rock.
3Deliberate lack of decoration or adornment in style or design: his living room was a testament to minimalism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sasha Sykes's country-inspired contemporary furniture is the perfect choice for anyone put off by the unwelcoming minimalism of most modern design.
- But there is a growing trend for more modern designs - although minimalism is still not a hit.
- The Boscolo Hotel Exedra is a pleasant mixture of chic minimalism and old-fashioned high style - just the place for those who have become accustomed to the good things in life and do not mind paying for this kind of luxury.
Definición de minimalism en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia