Definición de minimalist en inglés:
1A person who advocates or practises minimalism.
- Although his latter-day works have been compared to those of Arvo Part and Henryk Gorecki, both best-selling minimalists, Tavener's music is different because of its immediate sweet-sounding appeal.
- In other words, Matta-Clark accomplishes with architecture an operation analogous to what the minimalists and the process artists accomplish with sculpture when they deprive it of its anthropomorphic and immortal aspects.
- Off ice, he listens to mostly classical music from the minimalists like Philipp Glass and Steve Reich to the romantics of Tchaikovsky.
2A person advocating moderate reform in politics.
- As the referendum approached, longstanding splits between the minimalists and maximalists within the republican movement became significant.
- Libertarian minimalists must take the extra step to fashion a doctrine that debunks realism and supports their own foreign policy outlook.
- Now, if libertarian minimalists do the latter, they would be taking issue with my policy views, not adopting them.
adjetivo(also minimalistic) Volver al principio
1Relating to minimalism.
- In the 1980s and 1990s, Torke's music was a synthesis of aggressive neo-classicism and minimalist influences, firmly rooted in tonality.
- The revolving structure of the melody brings to mind minimalist composers Steve Reich and Philip Glass in its apparent simplicity, but subtle complexity.
- In recent times, even minimalist composer Philip Glass tried his hand at the genre.
1.1Lacking decoration or adornment; deliberately simple or basic in design or style: his recently renovated minimalist Conran kitchen
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If you are thinking of investing in a home gym, do it in style with Furnite's minimalist designs.
- Every floor is predominantly open-plan and decorated in minimalist style using concrete and stone, and pale grey suede furniture.
- Might sound cheesy but its cooler than you think, with a simple minimalist design that keeps scene locals and interested tourists more than happy.
2Advocating moderate political reform.
- Hyperglobalizers insist that the minimalist political order of the future will be determined by regional economies linked together in an almost seamless global web of production and exchange.
- Appalled by judicial activism, he advocated a classical, minimalist role for the court after the tumult of the 1960s.
- All they had done, in reality, was to fight over the principle of republicanism and then endorse the minimalist head of state selection model from the Republic Advisory Committee Report.
early 20th century: first used with reference to the Russian Mensheviks. Usage in art and music dates from the 1960s.
Words that rhyme with minimalistformalist
Definición de minimalist en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan