Full of mirth; merry or amusing: mirthful laughter
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That's one of the mirthful questions answered in this light-hearted, irreverent and yet strangely affecting account of Christ's entire life, not just the three years or so we get in the Bible.
- Laughter peals through Taipei's Great Tranquility Park as the play's hero, the deliciously impish King Monkey, contorts his face with mirthful delight at the havoc he has inspired.
- It is not only an essential adjunct to ceremonials, adding a mirthful dimension to martial pomp and vigour, but also possesses a vast potential as a medium of cultural entertainment.
merry, high-spirited, in high spirits, cheerful, cheery, hilarious, gleeful, laughter-filled, jocular, chucklesome, buoyant, carefree, blithe, euphoric, exhilarated, elated, light-hearted, jovial, joyous, fun-filled;
enjoyable, amusing, pleasurable, jolly, festive, playful
archaic frolicsome, sportive
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The second thing that strikes you is that even the sad songs are spiked with joyful harmonies, and there's something wistful and mirthfully alive in the music that makes you forget about whatever else you thought you were going to hear.
- ‘We thought you were dead’ a wise old man mirthfully wheezed.
- At the end of the table a greybeard makes heavy overtures, mirthfully spied upon from a window above, to a half-protesting matron.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda