- 2 another term for misericord ( sense 1).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The splendid choir stalls with well-carved misereres are of this dating.
- Other features of the church are the fine restored rood-screen, the 15th century font with its enriched Jacobean cover, the carved bench-ends under the tower and two 15th century stalls with misereres in the chancel, and a certain amount of medieval glass in two windows.
- Wooden chancel screens are very numerous, the upper part being divided by mullions, supporting tracery, and the whole was elaborately treated with panelling, niches, statues, and pinnacles.
Middle English: from Latin, 'have mercy!', imperative of misereri, from miser 'wretched'.
Más definiciones de miserereDefinición de miserere en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.