- 1Bad luck: the project was dogged by misfortuneMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He must be somehow rejected in his own country and is now making everyone he meets pay for his misfortune.
- It has been my great fate, or misfortune, to follow a speech more notable for its volume than for any sense.
- For too long people in Scotland have tried to see Scottish misfortune as the consequence of being governed from London.
- 1.1 [count noun] An unfortunate condition or event: never laugh at other people’s misfortunesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Cody Canal continued to suffer from bureaucratic failures and misfortunes.
- He is perennially dogged by comic mishaps and misfortunes, usually of his own making.
- He felt deeply the tragedies of the Palestinian people and their historic misfortunes.