1Paste made from fermented soya beans and barley or rice malt, used in Japanese cooking.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When the fermentation of miso is complete the soya beans retain their original shape.
- She makes miso from fermented soya beans each spring, treading them first with a pair of wellies and then pounding the pulp into blocks, finally hanging them in the rafters to dry.
- Like a lot of Japanese ingredients, miso is handy to have in the fridge, where it will last for up to a year.
1.1 (also miso soup) A soup thickened with miso paste, often with added tofu or vegetables: a bowl of piping hot miso
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Plain tofu is often eaten in the morning with a touch of ginger, or miso soup with tofu on the side.
- Dipped in miso, it has a sweet, jellied, curiously dissolving quality, like some exotic form of vegan candy.
- I had several bottles of hot sake and some miso to accompany our dish of sashimi.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: miso
Definición de miso en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda