Definición de mitosis en inglés:
sustantivo (plural mitoses)[mass noun] Biology
A type of cell division that results in two daughter cells each having the same number and kind of chromosomes as the parent nucleus, typical of ordinary tissue growth: the single large egg cell subdivides by repeated mitosis [count noun]: each mitosis seems to be associated with an increase in calcium Compare with meiosis.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is generally assumed that DNA chains are randomly segregated to daughter cells during mitosis.
- Centromeres are essential for the proper segregation of chromosomes at mitosis and meiosis.
- Counting cells at mitosis or interphase is universally applicable.
- Example sentences
- This is most likely to be a problem for mutants with a mitotic phenotype.
- Spermatogonia are the mitotic germ cells of the testis from which sperm arise by spermatogenesis.
- Only mononuclear protoplasts were capable of complete cell wall regeneration and mitotic division.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan