Definición de mitosis en inglés:
sustantivo (plural mitoses)[mass noun] Biology
A type of cell division that results in two daughter cells each having the same number and kind of chromosomes as the parent nucleus, typical of ordinary tissue growth: the single large egg cell subdivides by repeated mitosis [count noun]: each mitosis seems to be associated with an increase in calcium Compare with meiosis.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is generally assumed that DNA chains are randomly segregated to daughter cells during mitosis.
- Centromeres are essential for the proper segregation of chromosomes at mitosis and meiosis.
- Counting cells at mitosis or interphase is universally applicable.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This is most likely to be a problem for mutants with a mitotic phenotype.
- Spermatogonia are the mitotic germ cells of the testis from which sperm arise by spermatogenesis.
- Only mononuclear protoplasts were capable of complete cell wall regeneration and mitotic division.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda