1.1A glove leaving the fingers and thumb-tip exposed.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are definite tricks to tasks such as fitting a mask, manipulating camera controls, tightening straps and all the other things divers need to do without thinking about it while wearing dry gloves or mitts.
- The temperatures of around 20F can be a problem for some pilots who have only gloves and no mitts.
1.2 (also baseball mitt) Baseball A large fingerless glove worn by the catcher or first baseman.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For the love of a glove: a baseball mitt just isn't a necessary piece of equipment, it's a part of life for many players
- You just don't see 10-year-old kids throwing around a rugby ball or kicking a soccer ball in the States; they've either got a baseball mitt on their hand or are throwing around a basketball or football.
- I wanted a baseball mitt so bad a sweet hurt blossomed in my stomach whenever I thought about it…
1.3 informal A person’s hand: it’s essential to get your mitts on a pair of low-slung combat trousers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This big grumbly rumbly bear of a man with shoulders wider than most airline seats and mitts so big that my kitty Abby could probably sit comfortably in his palm likes my silly pet name for him.
- They're trying to get their grubby mitts on our big cars and mansions in Pondok Indah and Bintaro.
- Tickets for the 200-capacity date next month may have been snapped up within hours of going on sale but we have managed to get our mitts on a pair of the coveted items.
Mid 18th century: abbreviation of mitten.
Palabras que riman con mittacquit, admit, backlit, bedsit, befit, bit, Brit, Britt, chit, commit, demit, dit, emit, fit, flit, frit, git, grit, hit, intermit, it, kit, knit, legit, lickety-split, lit, manumit, mishit, nit, omit, outsit, outwit, permit, pit, Pitt, pretermit, quit, remit, retrofit, sit, skit, slit, snit, spit, split, sprit, squit, submit, transmit, twit, whit, wit, writ, zit
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: mitt
Definición de mitt en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda