- A believer in or supporter of modernism, especially in the arts: James Joyce and other 20th-century modernistsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Beck's art reflected the influence of classic modernists such as Kandinsky and Mondrian as well as the Abstract Expressionists.
- But while all avant-gardists are modernists, not all modernists are avant-gardists.
- Ideologically orthodox Communists were extreme modernists who believed in a centrally planned, technological society.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Of or associated with modernism, especially in the arts: his early work explored all manner of modernist stylesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The image becomes abstract, but is evocative of specific styles of modernist painting.
- These artists advocated a move away from modernist styles to a more straightforward naturalism.
- She also wrote two books on ceramics and was an authority on Art Deco and modernist ceramics.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But with the onset of the Depression, he saw modernistic commercial photography go out of fashion.
- Team members made copious lists on large charts, which were impressive, modernistic art forms in vibrant script and colors.
- Like so many fashionably modernistic productions, this one comes across as gimmicky, born of a desire to shock in order to shake up conventional morality.
Más definiciones de modernistDefinición de modernist en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.