sustantivo (plural modi operandi /ˌməʊdi/)[usually in singular]
- 1A particular way or method of doing something: every killer has his own special modus operandiMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In tune with the usual modus operandi of the industry, the audio was released on Wednesday and people struggled to find parking place.
- The usual modus operandi was that robbers identified isolated residential localities and targeted lonely women.
- It was the usual modus operandi - improvise, make do, and make it work.
- 1.1The way in which something operates or works: THC has a quite precise modus operandi that taps into a specific brain functionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Its modus operandi is thus quite unconnected with that of the Pill, where overall blood serum levels are raised.
- For just as he acted according to the modus operandi that has characterised his government, so did the opposition.
- This is also the standard modus operandi of academic or conventional economics.
Latin, literally 'way of operating'.