A small mound of earth thrown up by a mole burrowing near the surface: the frosts and lack of plant growth will serve to make molehills stand out more
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Here's more advice for those of us who suffer from moles and molehills in our lawns, this time from the Garden Centre, near Preston.
- Moles don't dig new tunnels each time they forage, and in fact a very active mole territory may sport very few molehills.
- It is quite common to see moles covered in soil after pushing there way through molehills but have you ever actually seen a muddy fox?
make a mountain out of a molehill
- Exaggerate the importance of something trivial: a barrister must make mountains out of molehills, to find a point of law where none had previously been known to existMás ejemplos en oraciones
hyperbolize, add colour, stretch the truth;British overpitchinformal pile it on, lay it on thick, lay it on with a trowel/shovel, blow something out of all proportion, make a drama out of a crisis, make a big thing ofBritish informal shoot a linearchaic draw the longbow
- I've visited homes where they've appeared to think the school is making a mountain out of a molehill and it's not their problem.
- What am I not being told, and is it because they're afraid of sparking panic, or because the law or the media are afraid of looking like idiots for making a mountain out of a molehill?
- The police are making a mountain out of a molehill.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: mole|hill
Definición de molehill en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda