sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- A chronic viral disorder of the skin characterized by groups of small, smooth, painless pinkish nodules with a central depression, that yield a milky fluid when squeezed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Waxy, painless, skin-colored bumps called molluscum contagiosum, are also caused by a virus.
- In addition to infections with Staphylococcus aureus and rarely with Herpes simplex, children with atopic eczema are also susceptible to common warts and molluscum contagiosum.
- The papules may enlarge to form nodules and plaques, umbilicate to mimic molluscum contagiosum, or progress to shallow ulcerations.
early 19th century: from Latin molluscum (as a noun denoting a kind of fungus), neuter of molluscus + contagiosum (neuter of contagiosus 'contagious').
Más definiciones de molluscum contagiosumDefinición de molluscum contagiosum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.